Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Welcome!

My campaign has officially begun and I would like to share with you why I want to be your judge. I am a criminal trial lawyer and the 331st District Court is a criminal trial court.

The 331st District Court handles the most serious Felony cases. The cases range from State Jail Felonies with a minimum of 6 months to First Degree Felonies with a maximum of 99 years, Life Sentence, or the Death Penalty.

As a trial lawyer, I have defended hundreds of Felony cases, including Capital Murder, Murder, Manslaughter, Sexual Assault, Burglary, and Drug Possession. Nearly 20 of my cases have gone to trial in just the last 5 years. I have practiced in both Travis and Williamson Counties and have been approved by the judges in both counties to handle the most complicated and serious cases.

I have been approved by the current District Judges to represent mental health defendants charged with the most serious of crimes. These cases have been proven to be both challenging and rewarding. I have received training on the current mental health issues as provided by local mental health professionals.

I am a member of the State Bar College. Membership in the State Bar College requires twice the minimum required Continuing Legal Education hours. Some of the courses included: crime scene reconstruction, blood spatter, DNA, computer forensics, and many more. I have been a member for several years.

I am a former member of the United Steelworkers Union and I am a former 8th grade school teacher. I teach Business Law at Austin Community College in Fall semesters. I am an avid hiker, camper, and a fan of the outdoors. I am physically active in sports and enjoy this great city where I reside.

I am the most qualified candidate in this race. In addition to my extensive courtroom experience, I have the dedication, desire, and reputation to represent the citizens of Travis County.

Please contact my campaign with any questions, comments, or feedback. I can't do this campaign without you and I look forward to your support.

www.keithforjudge.com

Yours truly,
Keith Lauerman

Pol. Adv. Campaign to Elect Keith Lauerman, William H. Hines, Treasurer, in compliance with the voluntary limits of the Judicial Campaign Fairness Act.